Except in certain cases (eg. if the selection process for a scholarship or educational loan is delayed), students must complete the application process by paying the entrance fee by the designated date by the method prescribed by the College. This is normally within a week of receiving notifcation of admission.
Your application may be rejected if you do not complete your application in the specified time.
1: University fees
Please pay by the specified date after your application is accepted, generally within two weeks.
2: Tuition fees
Please pay the course fees by the prescribed by the specified date, either within one month of paying the College fees or by March 31, whichever is earlier. You can pay in a lump sum (see 1) or in monthly instalments (see 2).
(1) If paying in a lump sum, you can request to extend the payment deadline until March 31.
(2) College fees for the entire year must be paid up-front, but you may pay the tuition fees by the prescribed method in monthly installments.
However, if you withdraw from the College during the year, you are still liable for the tuition fees for the entire year.
3: Other information
1. The College fee remains constant throughout your time at the College. From the second year onward, students do not pay the entrance fee, but only the College fee and tuition fees.
2. Students are responsible for costs incurred for teaching materials and consumables used in class.
4: Withdrawal of applications
We are able to refund the fees of students who withdraw from the College before courses begin.
If students who have completed the application procedure choose to withdraw from the course, they must complete the withdrawal process by March 31 in their year of entry. In this case, the College will return the College fee and tuition fee, but we cannot refund the entrance fee. The withdrawal procedure and the Withdrawal of Application form are included in the acceptance package.
Introduction to Scholarships for Self-Funded Foreign Students
There are scholarships available to aid enthusiastic self-funded foreign students. Students can apply for scholarships before they submit their entrance application. Scholarship applications will be assessed at the same time as entrance applications.
※Criteria for assessment of applications can be found on page 8 of the 2017 Student Application Guidelines, under the "Self-Funded Foreign Students" heading in the "Scholarships" section.
Please see the Application Guidelines for more information.
(1) Intended recipients
Foreign students eligible to enter the College
(2) Scholarship amount
Five levels of scholarship awarded at the discretion of the committee.
Up to ¥120,000 (no scholarship, ¥30,000, ¥60,000, ¥90,000, ¥120,000)
(3) Courses covered
Any course in the specialist stream (day students), whether the student enters in the main intake or at the admissions office's discretion.
※ Students entering at the admissions office's discretion can apply for the scholarship when they apply for the exemption of the ¥120,000 entrance fee.
(4) Scholarship criteria
On your application, please specify which of the below classifications, from (a) to (d), you meet.
(a) Applicants who are dependents
1) Students who have difficulty paying course fees because their household income is irregular or who are experiencing financial difficulty caused by sudden unemployment
2) A student who received an allowance for being from a single parent household
3) Students who have a sibling who is currently a secondary or tertiary student
4) Students who must work part-time in order to pay the course fees
(b) Applicants who are independent
1) Students who receive the majority of their income from a part-time job
2) Students who must repay scholarships or student loans already received
3) Students who have dependents
(c) Applicants whose life or economic circumstances have changed significantly
1) Students from remote areas who must relocate in order to attend tertiary education, or those commuting from a similar distance
2) Students who will attend university or junior college concurrently with this College (double-school students)
3) Self-funded foreign students
(d) Applicants with other special circumstances
1) Students who are deemed to have reasons for application that do not meet the above criteria
(5) Application procedure
Please complete the Scholarship Application Form in the 2017 Student Application Guidelines and submit it by the prescribed method.
(6) Outline of application schedule
(from scholarship application to acceptance)
1. Submission of scholarship application form
※ We accept scholarship applications at any time before the entrance application date, by post, in person or online.
2. After submitting your form, receive a call from an admissions officer to explain and confirm the application process
3. We send your Letter of Scholarship Acceptance (normally within two weeks of receiving your application
(from entrance application to entrance decision to provision of scholarship)
1. Submit your application documents with your Letter of Scholarship Acceptance attached
2. We issue s Scholarship Voucher when announcing the success of your entrance application
3. After the entrance application process, use your scholarship in a lump sum to cover your College fees or tuition fees.
※ You may only use the scholarship to cover the first year's tuition fees or College fees. You may not defer the scholarship to a later year.
(7) Important notes
Please see the 2017 Student Application Guidelines for more information about scholarships. If anything is unclear, you may contact the admissions office.